Sunday, August 16, 2015

Taking A Break

The past month has been a good one. I have some posts to write, but sometimes it is hard. Hard to find the words, hard to find the time, hard to think of all that I have been going through.

I want everyone to know that I am doing very well though, and apologize for not writing sooner. I have been through some interesting things, which I will write about. This weekend however, August, 15th through the 17th, I am getting away.

My daycare families have insisted on it.

The all pitched in, and sent me to a little cottage in Sandwich, Massachusetts. Yesterday, Saturday, Steven and I set off in my friend Brett's car. We left Providence at eleven, and took six hours to arrive at a destination that we could have driven to directly in less than and hour.

We decided to drive Route 6 to get here, and stop at every mini golf we passed. The mini golf mania started last week when I decided I would play all of the mini golf games that we located on Route 6 in Seekonk, which is not far from where I live. For some reason, there are three of them in a very close proximity to each other, and I had only been to one.

Last Friday night, my son Alex and I played two courses, and on Saturday, Steven, Ayla, Chauncey and I played the remaining Route 6 course, and then to a short detour off of 6 to play Monster Mini Golf, which is done glowing under black light, complete with scary monsters and sounds.

Monday was a Rhode Island state holiday, and I had received some good news from Dr. S, (which I will tell you about later), so Steven, Alex and I celebrated by getting and ice cream cone, and yet another round of mini golf, this time in Attleboro Massachusetts.

Since I knew we would be heading to what must be the mini golf center of Massachusetts, if not the world, I put the challenge out there to Steven, that we should try and play every one we pass. Being a good sport, he is going along with this challenge. Of course, he wins almost every game, but I don't mind. I think I might be getting better.

This morning, we are heading out for a whale watch. I am very excited. If we don't see any whales, there is a chance we may see a great white shark. Thirteen of them have been spotted around the cape recently. Did I mention we were leaving out of Hyannis? Wish us luck.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that you are feeling well and off to adventures!

    ReplyDelete