Tuesday, August 5, 2014

July 7, 2014

Everything seems to be going on a normal course today.  I am looking forward to the installation of my port tomorrow, looking forward to not having to remember just before crawling into bed that I have forgotten to have someone flush my lines for me.  This seems to happen too often.

I am buoyed by by the overwhelming response to my blog, which I posted yesterday.  It feels good to be able to let people know what has been going on in my life.  It is helpful to write it all down and review what has happened to me.  I think it is important that people realize this is a thing that can happen in a persons life, and that although it is a difficult time, it is not an impossible time.  Things will happen, time will pass, life will change and morph into something else.  I am unafraid, and looking forward to seeing how all this will turn out.

I have learned so much already and hope I have become a more thoughtful person because of the love and caring of so many around me.  I am blown away by the support I have in my community, my village.  It truly is a village made of love, warmth, kindness and compassion.  It is the most amazing place to live and I am blessed and grateful to be a part of it.

July 8th

Last night there was a mysterious call on Steven's phone.  It was garbled and cut off, but it may have said that my appointment for today was cancelled.  The call came after regular hospital business hours, so trying to speak to anyone about what the message was impossible.  Just to be on the safe side, I don't eat or drink anything after midnight, and try calling the hospital at seven in the morning.  My appointment is at eight thirty.  At seven forty five, I find out that I will not be getting a port this morning.  I am very disappointed.  Ayla was going to work for me today, and this is really the easiest day to have it done. 

Ayla comes over shortly after I get the call.  She looks for something to eat, and is not disappointed at the free day ahead of her.

I go to knitting this evening, even though I am a little tired.  I don't get much done, but it is nice to be in the company of such nice people.




No comments:

Post a Comment